Christy McDonald (aka Christy the Clown) has been clowning since 1986. In January of 2006 she celebrated her 20th birthday as a clown.
She has done a myriad of clown activities over the last 20 years. She graduated from Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College in 1989, under the direction of Steve Smith. From 1989-1996 she owned her own clowning business in Dallas, and then spent the next 4 and a half years touring fulltime with Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey’s Blue Unit.
Other things she’s done in the past:
- Performed at Disney’s Epcot Center (Wonders of Life Show)
- Worked for Cirque Du Soleil’s La Nuba in Orlando in the wardrobe department, 2001.
- Was the event coordinator/producer for the Dinner Surf Show at Shclitterbahn Beach Waterpark, South Padre Island, TX.
- Performed for 10 weeks in England for British Holidays resorts.
- Was the Clown Goodwill Ambassador for the RBBB Hometown Edition on it’s inaugural tour in 2004 and 2005.
Christy now lives in Texas on South Padre Island, where she continues to work as a clown, performing shows in schools and libraries, doing some advance work for Ringling, and teaching at various clown camps.
Christy also works a semi-professional sand-castler, and has entered multiple competitions and teaches lessons in sand-castling. An expert sewer, she also makes clothes and costumes for people.
To find out more about Christy’s work, visit her website listed below: