Healthcare Clowning Call for Abstracts: Due Nov 20!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL NOVEMBER 20!
It’s not often that clowns get praised for being abstract, but here’s our chance!
The Healthcare Clowning International Meeting (HCIM) is holding its 2018 meeting from April 4-6, 2018 in Vienna Austria. The topic of the meeting is
“The Art of Clowning- Connecting Culture, Health, and Science.”
CALL FOR HEALTHCARE CLOWNING ABSTRACTS
They currently have a call for Abstracts (presentations of papers/speakers, for those of you without an academic background). Selected Abstracts will be chosen, and those people will get to present their ideas at the meeting.
They are looking for papers and expert ideas, especially as they relate to the following four themes:
- The Professionalization of HealthCare Clowning
- Healthcare Clowning in Society
- The Pillars of Healthcare Clowning
- The Road Ahead: Global Challenges and their impact on Healthcare Clowning
The proposals for papers and presentations can come in the following forms
- Panels & Symposia
- Individual Presentations (either short 20-minute presentations or Poster presentations,)
- Wildcard Sessions (including performances, roundtable discussions, science, clown slams, and other possible ideas that don’t fit in above.)
Each session will be 1 hour and 45 minutes in length without a break. Workshops can either by 1:45 or 3:30.
To apply, visit http://www.hcim2018.com/ and click on ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS.
Submissions are due by November 1.
NEW: Deadline has been extended. NEW deadline is Nov 20!
More info is also available on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcim2018/