Trav. S.D. needs a clown! (August in NY)
My pal (the inimitable Trav. S.D) has a NY Fringe show going up, and he needs a clown.Â If you don’t know Trav, you must be living under a rock, because he is ubiquitous.Â Â He has been staging various events for over 15 years, has written over 100 plays, written a great book about Vaudeville: (No Applause, Just Throw Money, which I interviewed him about on the WELL in 2006.) He’s worked for or with a lot of great companies (including the Big Apple Circus, Theatre for the New City, the Village Voice, and a ton of others) and he writes a great blog Travalanche.Â In short, you should join the throngs of people that have worked with or for Trav.Â You’ll be in good company.
Trav S.D.â€™s American Vaudeville TheatreÂ is staging his 15th Anniversary ExTRAVaganza in the New York International Fringe Festival,Â mixing the hottest contemporary variety acts with Topsy-Turvy songs and comedy sketches, wrapped in a distinctly pre-21st century package.
Featuring a Cast of Dozens…
* Contortionist THE AMAZING AMY!
* 19th century Songstress POOR BABY BREE!
* Belly dancer LEELA CORMAN as SALOME!
* Mock Star KILLY DWYER!
* Sideshow/burlesque maniac THE GREAT FREDINI!
* JULIET JESKE as accordion-playing PRINCESS SUNSHINE!
* Tap dancing chanteuse LORINNE LAMPERT (a.k.a UKE-LOLA)!
* Juggler KEITH LEAF!
* The LEROY SISTERS!
* Comedy magician NELSON LUGO!
* Clarinet-playing opera clown JENNY LEE MITCHELL!
* Rock and roll ventriloquist CARLA RHODES!
* Mentalist RORY RAVEN!
* 4th generation vaudevillian JILLIAN TULLY!
* Baggy-pants comic MICHAEL TOWNSEND WRIGHT!
* And many more!
(most of these are as special guests, I’m sure)Â The clown he’s looking for can do all of the dates below, and will work in two comedy sketches, plus have a more substantial presence in the show as a silent character.Â Some pay is involved, and rehearsals start immediately.Â To get this gig, contact him immediately .
Tell him Clownlink Sent you.
SAT 8/13 @ 3:30-5:30
WED 8/17 @ 9:00-11:00
SUN 8/21 @ 5:30-7:30
WED 8/24 @ 4:15-6:15
FRI 8/26 @ 7:30-9:30