Go Inspired: 2 Commedia Dell’Arte Workshops (NYC & Florence)
New York City: Dec. 26-28, 2012 with Stanley Allen ShermanÂ ($295 includes workshop only)
You can find out more about this at Stanley’s website: Â http://www.commediau.com/
- Â Participants learn the physical style of Commedia dellâ€™Arte as we believe it was â€œthenâ€ and how it may be used â€œnowâ€ as a creative tool for actors, performers, directors and teachers.
- The goal of the workshop is for our participants to simultaneously experience the momentum, effort, historical, physical, joyful and risky style of the Commedia dellâ€™ Arte.
- Students develop their personal historical Commedia dellâ€™Arte characters and style with their individual qualities. Students will easily see how this work from the 1500â€²s still vibrantly relates today.
Florence, Italy: June 3-21, 2013 with Roberto Andrioli and Marco BendoniÂ (1950Â â‚¬Â euros: includes housing in an apartment and workshop)
- The course is geared toward understanding the theatrical experience as a fun and useful tool for developing your own creativity and expressiveness as well as expanding your artistic experience in relation to a group.
- This course will help to develop the exchange of physical energy and creativity amongst the students in the group.
- Geared toward understanding the historic ” Commedia dell Arte”, which was developed in Italy, this course will focus on dances from the Renaissance period with a public performance at the end of the course.
- In this three-week workshop, participants will enhance their physical expression and learn the techniques of storytelling, improvisation as well as scene study analyzing the major authors within the tradition of Commedia dell’Arte.